What is Tritan plastic and is it safe?
Tritan plastic is a food-grade plastic that is free of bisphenol A (BPA), bisphenol S (BPS), estrogenic activity (EA) and androgenic activity (AA).
Extensive testing to ensure the safety of Tritan plastic has been conducted through independent third-party labs and accredited universities with results clearly demonstrating it is safe to use. Santevia has chosen to use Tritan plastic in our premium products because we believe it is the safest and strongest plastic available today.
Eastman is the leader in Tritan plastic and provides credible information that will give you confidence when it comes to concerns around types of plastic. Here is some key information about Tritan plastic:
- Tritan is a BPA-free plastic - it is not manufactured with bisphenol A (BPA) or other bisphenol compounds, such as bisphenol S (BPS).
- Tritan is impact-resistant - products can be used without fear of shattering.
- Tritan is tough - extending the useful life of water bottles and containers.
- Tritan has exceptional dishwasher durability - encouraging proper sanitation for greater plastic container safety.
- Tritan is much lighter than glass - making it easier to handle without the fear of breaking.
- Tritan has no estrogenic and androgenic activity - see the Eastman FAQ page to learn more.